Re: How to recover from compressed wal archieve in windows - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: How to recover from compressed wal archieve in windows
Date
List pgsql-general
On 5/20/20 12:09 PM, Andrus wrote:
> Hi!
>
>> I'm guessing:
>> restore_command='copy "D:\\wallog\\%f.gz" "%p"'
>> will get you the file.
>> The next problem is that I'm pretty sure a WAL file with *.gz
>> extension will not be able to be processed directly by the server. So
>> you are going to have to uncompress it at some point before it gets
>> restored.
>
> How to decompress it automatically in windows ?
> In Linux
> restore_command = 'gunzip < "archived_wal/%f" > "%p"'
>
> maybe works.
>
> Will wal_compression=on will produce compressed wal files to additional
> compression is not needed?

Yes. Not sure how it will play with the streaming that pg_receivewal does.

Maybe the best thing is to back up a bit and let us know what it is you
are trying to achieve?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com