Re: How to recover from compressed wal archieve in windows - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrus
Subject Re: How to recover from compressed wal archieve in windows
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi!

>I'm guessing:
>restore_command='copy "D:\\wallog\\%f.gz" "%p"'
>will get you the file.
>The next problem is that I'm pretty sure a WAL file with *.gz extension
>will not be able to be processed directly by the server. So you are
>going to have to uncompress it at some point before it gets restored.

How to decompress it automatically in windows ?
In Linux

restore_command = 'gunzip < "archived_wal/%f" > "%p"'

maybe works.

Will wal_compression=on will produce compressed wal files to additional compression is not needed?

Andrus.