Re: Postgresql performance in production environment - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Phoenix Kiula
Subject Re: Postgresql performance in production environment
Date
List pgsql-general
On 19/08/07, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> Phoenix Kiula wrote:
> > On 19/08/07, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

> > should we do one (VACUUM FULL) now given that we've overrun our max_fsm_pages?
>
> Yes, but not until you've fixed it. And only once.

FIxed what - the max_fsm_pages? That was my question: how to know what
value to set for this. If the "vacuum verbose" won't give me the info
you suggested because it is likely overlapping with autovacuum, should
I temporarily turn autovacuum off and then run vacuum verbose? Also,
while running vacuum full, any precautions to take?