Re: SUBSTRING performance for large BYTEA - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Karsten Hilbert
Subject Re: SUBSTRING performance for large BYTEA
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, Aug 18, 2007 at 10:54:11PM -0700, Vance Maverick wrote:

> This is my experience with a Java client too.  Writing the data with
> PreparedStatement.setBinaryStream works great for long strings, but
> reading it with the complementary method ResultSet.getBinaryStream runs
> into the memory problem, killing the Java VM.
Again, I am observing this under Python with a libpq-based driver
running on Windows and during retrieval only.

Are we seeing a pattern ?

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346