Re: replace magic num in struct cachedesc with CATCACHE_MAXKEYS - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: replace magic num in struct cachedesc with CATCACHE_MAXKEYS
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 15.08.24 12:25, Junwang Zhao wrote:
> I noticed that there is a magic number which can be replaced by CATCACHE_MAXKEYS
> in struct cachedesc, I checked some other struct like CatCache, CatCTup, they
> all use CATCACHE_MAXKEYS.

The "syscache" is the only user of the "catcache" right now.  But I
think they are formally separate.  So I don't think the "4" in the
syscache is necessarily the same as CATCACHE_MAXKEYS.  For example,
increasing CATCACHE_MAXKEYS, hypothetically, wouldn't by itself make the
syscache support more than 4 keys.