Re: BUG #2371: database crashes with semctl failed error - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Qingqing Zhou
Subject Re: BUG #2371: database crashes with semctl failed error
Date
Re: BUG #2371: database crashes with semctl failed error  ("Brock Peabody" <brock.peabody@npcinternational.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
""Brock Peabody"" <brock.peabody@npcinternational.com> wrote

> FATAL:  semctl(167894456, 4, SETVAL, 0) failed: A non-blocking socket
> operation could not be completed immediately.

Can you reliablly reproduce the problem? If so, we may come up with a
testing patch to it. We encounter similar problems before but it is hard to
reproduce.

Magnus? As Bruce suggested, we can plug in a check-EINTR-loop here in
semctl():

   /* Quickly lock/unlock the semaphore (if we can) */
   if (semop(semId, &sops, 1) < 0)
    return -1;

Regards,
Qingqing