BUG #2371: database crashes with semctl failed error - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Brock Peabody
Subject BUG #2371: database crashes with semctl failed error
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      2371
Logged by:          Brock Peabody
Email address:      brock.peabody@npcinternational.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.1
Operating system:   Windows Server 2003
Details:

The full text of the error message is:

FATAL:  semctl(167894456, 4, SETVAL, 0) failed: A non-blocking socket
operation could not be completed immediately.

I have a program that inserts/updates/deletes a large number of records to a
large database (~100 GB).  The program works, but after it runs for a few
hours it starts getting this error message.  Once this happens the database
is unusable to all clients until it is restarted.

I found this documented bug:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2006-02/msg00185.php

but I'm not sure if it is related to my problem or not.