Re: Implementation of GROUPING SETS (T431: Extended grouping capabilities) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hitoshi Harada
Subject Re: Implementation of GROUPING SETS (T431: Extended grouping capabilities)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
2009/8/14 Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>:
> 2009/8/13 Hitoshi Harada <umi.tanuki@gmail.com>:
>> 2009/8/14 Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>:
>>> I prefered using CTE, because this way was the most short to small
>>> bugs less prototype - with full functionality.
>>
>> You could make it by query rewriting, but as you say the best cleanest
>> way is total refactoring of existing nodeAgg. How easy to implement is
>> not convincing.
>>

> I agree. Simply I am not have time and force do it. I would to
> concentrate on finishing some plpgsql issues, and then I have to do
> some other things than PostgreSQL. There are fully functional
> prototype and everybody is welcome to continue in this work.

I see your situation. Actually your prototype is good shape to be
discussed in both ways. But since you've been focusing on this feature
it'd be better if you keep your eyes on this.

So, Oleg, do you continue on this?

Regards,

--
Hitoshi Harada