Re: TAP tests for pg_verify_checksums - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: TAP tests for pg_verify_checksums
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 06/10/2018 13:46, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 05, 2018 at 01:38:05PM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
>> It's too late for v11 though at this point I guess?
>
> Unfortunately yes.
>
>> I think it would be easy to also test the -r command-line option, as we
>> already create a table.
>
> Good idea.  Let's add this test.
>
>> That comment should read 'that checksums are enabled', right?
>
> Indeed.  Fixed.
>
>> Otherwise, LGTM and I've tested it without finding any problems.
>
> What do you think about the updated version attached?

Looks pretty good to me.

Let's make sure the test names are useful:

+# Checks cannot happen for an online cluster
+$node->start;
+command_fails(['pg_verify_checksums',  '-D', $pgdata],
+              "checksum checks not done");

The test name should be something like "fails with online cluster".

I would also like to see a test that runs against a cluster without
checksums enabled.

Other than that, it appears to cover everything.