Re: Possible problem with pg_reload_conf() and view pg_settings - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Qingqing Zhou
Subject Re: Possible problem with pg_reload_conf() and view pg_settings
Date
Re: Possible problem with pg_reload_conf() and view pg_settings  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
"Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote in message
> Tony Caduto <tony_caduto@amsoftwaredesign.com> writes:
>> However I was under the impression that if I did a pg_reload_conf(), the
>> pg_settings view would be updated at that time, but that does not seem to
>> happen.

I repeated Tony's result (Win32):

Welcome to psql 8.1RC1, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.

Type:  \copyright for distribution terms      \h for help with SQL commands      \? for help with psql commands      \g
orterminate with semicolon to execute query      \q to quit

test=# select setting from pg_settings where name = 'constraint_exclusion';setting
---------off
(1 row)

test=# select pg_reload_conf();pg_reload_conf
----------------t
(1 row)

test=# select setting from pg_settings where name = 'constraint_exclusion';setting
(1 row)

test=# LOG:  received SIGHUP, reloading configuration files

test=# select setting from pg_settings where name = 'constraint_exclusion';setting
(1 row)

test=# select setting from pg_settings where name = 'constraint_exclusion';setting
(1 row)

-- Seems that's due to delay of process SIGHUP ...