Re: Underscores in numeric literals - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Underscores in numeric literals
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2022-12-27 Tu 09:55, Tom Lane wrote:
> We already accept that numeric input is different from numeric
> literals: you can't write Infinity or NaN in SQL without quotes.
> So I don't see an argument that we have to allow this in numeric
> input for consistency.

That's almost the same, but not quite, ISTM. Those are things you can't
say without quotes, but here unless I'm mistaken you'd be disallowing
this style if you use quotes. I get the difficulties with input
functions, but it seems like we'll be building lots of grounds for
confusion.

cheers

andrew

--