Re: iso-8859-1 type name bool - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gavin Flower
Subject Re: iso-8859-1 type name bool
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 12/07/2019 17:54, Igal Sapir wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 10:27 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz
> <mailto:michael@paquier.xyz>> wrote:
>
>     On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 10:21:06PM -0700, Igal Sapir wrote:
>     > Any thoughts?  (disclaimer: I have much more experience with
>     Java than C)
>
>     We don't support cmake directly.  Here is the documentation about how
>     to build the beast:
>     https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/install-procedure.html
>

> Thank you, Michael, but my goal is not to just build from source, but
> to run Postgres in an IDE.  I tried CLion because it's modern and
> cross platform, but I am open to other IDEs.
>
> What IDEs do Postgres hackers use (other than vi with gcc)?  Is there
> any documentation or posts on how to set up the project in an IDE?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Igal

I'm not a pg hacker.

However, I'd use Eclipse -- but I don't do much programming these days.

Real Programmers use emacs.  I used emacs very successfully for
programming in C over twenty years ago.  If you're willing to put in the
effort, emacs is worth it.

Both emacs & Eclipse have integrated debuggers.   As I suspects all
modern IDE's do.  :-)

I wouldn't use vi.

Cheers,
Gavin