Re: Granting rights - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: Granting rights
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 11:05 AM, Otandeka Simon Peter
<sotandeka@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to give a user rights(update,select,insert) rights on a
> database and not necessary doing that for one relation at a time?

Rights don't work that way in pgsql.  Each type of object has types of
rights that make sense for it, so dbs have rights like connect,
create, etc, while tables have rights like insert, delete, etc you can
grant.

> I have many tables in the database but I don't want this user to be able to
> delete a relation. Granting the user rights per table is gonna
> take a lot of time.

Then write a script, and grant them to a role, and grant that role the
users who need those rights.