Re: Postgresql.conf Settings - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: Postgresql.conf Settings
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 11/4/07, smiley2211 <smiley2211@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> What are the ideal settings for values in this postgresql.conf file???  I
> have tried so many parameter changes but I still can not get the 8.1.4
> version to perform as well as the 7.x version...what do others have their
> postgrsql.conf file values set to???

Without knowing what query you're trying to run it's hard to say.

Can you post the explain analyze output for the query in both 7.x and 8.1?

> Are there any known performance degrades going from 7.x to 8.1 versions???

The only one I know of is if you try to do something like:

select * from table1 t1 left join table2 t2 on (t1.id=t2.id) where t2.id is null