Re: Governance directory page for pg.o - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: Governance directory page for pg.o
Date
List pgsql-www
On 6/19/24 11:10, Tom Lane wrote:
> Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
>> On 6/19/24 09:56, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>>> That's not entirely correct anymore, it should probably be "on the -hackers
>>> mailing list" or something similar?
>
>> Yeah -- I lifted that directly from the wiki page, but will fix.
>
> Also, "added ... by the Core Team" doesn't really describe the
> committer selection process anymore either.  It should read
> more like "New committers are added approximately annually
> after discussions and vote among the existing committers".

Thanks -- I updated the wiki as well as my locally patched copy of pg.o.

What is the process for getting pgweb changes committed? Assuming there
is consensus, can I go ahead and push them? Or put another way, who are
the pgweb committers?

> In principle I think core retains a right of veto, but I would
> be pretty astonished if there were ever a desire to exercise it
> (nor would I care to bet on the outcome if that did happen).

Fair enough. I think the Core team right-to-veto applies to pretty much
every aspect of the project, so maybe we don't need to state it all over
the place. Should we add a statement to that effect to the bulleted list
here?

   https://www.postgresql.org/developer/core/

--
Joe Conway