Re: [Patch] pg_rewind: options to use restore_command fromrecovery.conf or command line - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alexey Kondratov
Subject Re: [Patch] pg_rewind: options to use restore_command fromrecovery.conf or command line
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 07.03.2019 10:26, David Steele wrote:
> On 3/6/19 5:38 PM, Andrey Borodin wrote:
>>
>> The new patch is much smaller (less than 400 lines) and works as
>> advertised.
>> There's a typo "retreive" there.

Ough, corrected this in three different places. Not my word, definitely.
Thanks!

>> These lines look a little suspicious:
>>         char  postgres_exec_path[MAXPGPATH],
>>                   postgres_cmd[MAXPGPATH],
>>                   cmd_output[MAX_RESTORE_COMMAND];
>> Is it supposed to be any difference between MAXPGPATH and
>> MAX_RESTORE_COMMAND?

Yes, it was supposed to be, but after your message I have double checked
everything and figured out that we use MAXPGPATH for final
restore_command build (with all aliases replaced). Thus, there is no
need in a separated constant. I have replaced it with MAXPGPATH.

> This patch appears to need attention from the author so I have marked
> it Waiting on Author.

I hope I have addressed all issues in the new patch version which is
attached. Also, I have added more detailed explanation of new
functionality into the multi-line commit-message.

Regards,

--
Alexey Kondratov

Postgres Professional https://www.postgrespro.com