Re: R: Debugging Pl/PgSQL functions with the debug contrib module - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: R: Debugging Pl/PgSQL functions with the debug contrib module
Date
List pgsql-general
Paolo,

Oh yes, I see it now. It was necessary to re-initialise the database
in order for that to appear, which I have not done until now.

Now I have a new problem. When I attempt to install postgres 8.3.1
with postgres automatically creating its own user account, the
installer complains:

"Service 'PostgreSQL Database Server 8.3'(pgsql-8.3) failed to start.
Verify that you have sufficient priveleges to start system services."

This, despite the fact that 4 postgres.exe processes are now visible
in task manager, running as the just created postgres user. I believe
that the installer creates accounts with the ability to start
services, so this shouldn't be a problem. The account I run
PGinstaller is an administrative account.

This is a new user account, not one from a previous postgres install.
I deleted all the older ones in the well hidden "Local Users and
Groups" dialog.

What should I do to prevent this messagebox from appearing, which
forces me to roll back the installation?

Regards,
Peter