Re: Cannot use a standalone backend to VACUUM in "postgres"" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Cannot use a standalone backend to VACUUM in "postgres""
Date
List pgsql-general
Manuel Sugawara wrote:

> Ok, will do that. Thanks a lot Alvaro. Want me to send more details to
> debug the problem?.

Yes, it would be good to know why the shared catalogs were not being
vacuumed, if you can find that out.  I would have guessed that they
weren't being vacuumed due to the fact that they can only be vacuumed by
a superuser, but in a standalone backend you are always superuser.  So
if you ran a database-wide vacuum, they should have been processed.

What happens if you try "vacuum pg_database", etc?  Does the
age(relfrozenxid) change?