Re: Table : Bloat grow high - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ron
Subject Re: Table : Bloat grow high
Date
List pgsql-general
On 11/11/22 11:09, Alexis Zapata wrote:
P {margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;}

Hi all,
In postgresql 13.5

Upgrade to at least 13.8.  (13.9 was released yesterday.)

I have a table (size 3.1 GB) and in this table occurs near to 200 updates per second, after 2 days the size table is 7 GB and bloat grow to 45% and
 the query operations are degraded. vacuum runs every 5 seconds over this. but the bloat growth continues, to solve the
problem quickly, we have made a replica of the table with a trigger, then a copy of the data and in a
transaction we rename the table, but it would not be the best solution.
Some suggestion about stop this size increase or parameter to setting up?

Manually vacuum it on a regular basis.

Think about partitioning it on PK boundaries; that way you can vacuum each child at the same time.