Re: Use generation context to speed up tuplesorts - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: Use generation context to speed up tuplesorts
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I spent a bit of time hacking on the Generation context, adding the two
improvements discussed in this thread:

1) internal handling of block sizes, similar to what AllocSet does (it
pretty much just copies parts of it)

2) keeper block (we keep one empry block instead of freeing it)

3) I've also added allocChunkLimit, which makes it look a bit more like
AllocSet (instead of using just blockSize/8, which does not work too
well with dynamic blockSize)

I haven't done any extensive tests on it, but it does pass check-world
with asserts etc. I haven't touched the comments, those need updating.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company