Re: archive status ".ready" files may be created too early - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: archive status ".ready" files may be created too early
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2021-Jul-30, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> We set archiver's latch on each XLogArchiveNotify(), but if we're doing
> it in a loop such as in NotifySegmentsReadyForArchive() perhaps it is
> better to create all the .ready files first and do PgArchWakeup() at the
> end.  I'm not convinced that this is useful but let's at least discard
> the idea explicitly if not.

hm, this causes an ABI change so it's not backpatchable.

--
Álvaro Herrera           39°49'30"S 73°17'W  —  https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"This is what I like so much about PostgreSQL.  Most of the surprises