Re: Rename of triggers for partitioned tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Arne Roland
Subject Re: Rename of triggers for partitioned tables
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> We are referring the trigger via it's name after all. If a child is named differently we break with that assumption. I think informing the user about that, is very valuable.

To elaborate on that:

While we to similar things for things like set schema, here it has a functional relevance.

ALTER TRIGGER a5 ON table_name RENAME TO a9;

suggests that the trigger is now fired later from now on. Which obviously might not be the case, if one of the child triggers have had a different name.

I like your naming suggestions. I'm looking forward to test this patch when it applies at my end!

Regards
Arne