Re: JIT compiling with LLVM v9.0 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From ilmari@ilmari.org (Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker)
Subject Re: JIT compiling with LLVM v9.0
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> Unfortunately, that has the pretty significant downside that a lot of
> people who actually want the postgresql-server-jit package will not
> realize that they need to install it, which sucks.  But I think it
> might still be the better way to go.  Anyway, it's for individual
> packagers to cope with that problem; as far as the patch goes, +1 for
> structuring things in a way which gives packagers the option to divide
> it up that way.

I don't know about rpm/yum/dnf, but in dpkg/apt one could declare that
postgresql-server recommends postgresql-server-jit, which installs the
package by default, but can be overridden by config or on the command
line.

- ilmari
--
"The surreality of the universe tends towards a maximum" -- Skud's Law
"Never formulate a law or axiom that you're not prepared to live with