Re: Connection string - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Harpreet Dhaliwal
Subject Re: Connection string
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi
I already read that documentation.

My ECPG code for connecting to the DB server is:

EXEC SQL CONNECT TO 192.168.1.100:/xyz

i also tried

  • tcp:postgresql://192.168.1.100[:port][/dbname][ ?options]

  • unix:postgresql://192.168.1.100[:port][ /dbname][?options]

    but unfortunately it say DB doesn't exist.

    I don't know the right way to use IP addresses while connecting to a postgres DB using ECPG.

    On 8/9/06, Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org> wrote:
    On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 11:02:00AM -0400, Harpreet Dhaliwal wrote:
    > I'm trying to connect to postgres database in  a distributed environment,
    > say from machine X to Machine Y (Machine Y has postgres DB)
    > How should my connection string look like in a program in Machine X.
    >
    > EXEC SQL CONNECT TO ------??? (Do i need to specify the IP of DB server?)
    > I tried a few options but nothing works.

    This appears to be ECPG so see "Connecting to the Database Server"
    in the ECGP chapter of the documentation:

    http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/ecpg-connect.html

    If the documentation and examples don't help then please post exactly
    what you've tried and what happened (complete error message, etc.).

    --
    Michael Fuhr