Re: Connection string - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: Connection string
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 11:02:00AM -0400, Harpreet Dhaliwal wrote:
> I'm trying to connect to postgres database in  a distributed environment,
> say from machine X to Machine Y (Machine Y has postgres DB)
> How should my connection string look like in a program in Machine X.
>
> EXEC SQL CONNECT TO ------??? (Do i need to specify the IP of DB server?)
> I tried a few options but nothing works.

This appears to be ECPG so see "Connecting to the Database Server"
in the ECGP chapter of the documentation:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/ecpg-connect.html

If the documentation and examples don't help then please post exactly
what you've tried and what happened (complete error message, etc.).

--
Michael Fuhr