Re: Development of cross-platform GUI for Open Source DBs - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Olexandr Melnyk
Subject Re: Development of cross-platform GUI for Open Source DBs
Date
List pgsql-general
2006/11/28, Tony Caduto <tony_caduto@amsoftwaredesign.com>:
> Mono 1.2 only fully supports .net 1.1 (for winforms)

Yes. But it already supports most of the .NET 2.0 features (not talking of WinForms here) including the ones metioned above and has a C# 2.0 compiler.

> What kind of problems have you seen with the VCL as a project matures?

As I've already mentioned, it's not layout-based. Anchors only partially solve the task, so problems can still appear when adding extra languages interfaces to the application. Also, VCL is quite incomplete. Say, how much sense does it make for button not to have color property, while other components, like edit, label and check box have it? There are similar situations with other objects, when it seems odd, why it doesn't have a certain feature/property.

Olexandr Melnyk,
http://omelnyk.net/