Re: Integration of Psycopg with XTA - Mailing list psycopg

From Federico Di Gregorio
Subject Re: Integration of Psycopg with XTA
Date
List psycopg
On 10/03/2018 02:52 PM, Daniele Varrazzo wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 1:44 PM Federico Di Gregorio<fog@dndg.it>  wrote:

>>> Fog, maybe it's worth adding the capsules for PGconn and PGresult to
>>> the objects interface and document them? Can do that for psycopg 2.8.
>> If it works I'd add it (and document it as an "internal" extension point
>> used by other C-level modules) for 2.8, yes.
>>
>> By PGresult you mean adding it on the cursor, or the connection?
> Yes, i'd say a _pgconn attribute or _get_pgconn() method on the
> connection, a _pgresult thing on the cursor.
>
> By the way a read-only attribute as per your implementation seems
> appropriate to me. Christian, why do you think a function would be
> better?

I guess the capsule is meant to be consumed by the other API and using a
method makes is explicit that a new object is instantiated every time. I
really don't care about this, let's do whatever is more Pythonic.

federico

--
Federico Di Gregorio                         federico.digregorio@dndg.it
DNDG srl                                                  http://dndg.it