Re: Integration of Psycopg with XTA - Mailing list psycopg

From Daniele Varrazzo
Subject Re: Integration of Psycopg with XTA
Date
List psycopg
On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 1:44 PM Federico Di Gregorio <fog@dndg.it> wrote:

> > Fog, maybe it's worth adding the capsules for PGconn and PGresult to
> > the objects interface and document them? Can do that for psycopg 2.8.
>
> If it works I'd add it (and document it as an "internal" extension point
> used by other C-level modules) for 2.8, yes.
>
> By PGresult you mean adding it on the cursor, or the connection?

Yes, i'd say a _pgconn attribute or _get_pgconn() method on the
connection, a _pgresult thing on the cursor.

By the way a read-only attribute as per your implementation seems
appropriate to me. Christian, why do you think a function would be
better?

-- Daniele