Re: Is it possible to findout actual owner of table? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From dipti shah
Subject Re: Is it possible to findout actual owner of table?
Date
List pgsql-general
I don't want users to create/drop/alter anything directly. They have to use stored procedure for everything. The stored procedure creates logging tables and stores many other auditing information so it is madatory to prevent users from running any direct commands.

Thanks,
Dipti

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 11:54 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
dipti shah <shahdipti1980@gmail.com> writes:
> I have created the stored procedure that allows particular users to create
> the table. I want to prevent users to drop the tables owned by someone esle
> and hence, I am making owner of each table created by this stored procedure
> to super user(postgres) so that no one will be allowed to drop/alter table.
> I want to allow to drop/alter the table by actuall user who ran the stored
> procedure to create the table. Could anyone please suggest me how to proceed
> with this?

It sounds like you are going to a great deal of trouble to reinvent the
standard behavior.  Why not forget the stored procedure and just let
users create and drop their own tables?

                       regards, tom lane