Re: partitioning a table containing millions of records - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Nikolas Everett
Subject Re: partitioning a table containing millions of records
Date
List pgsql-general
There is no fast way to split an existing table into partitions.  Create a new parent table, create partitions, create the insert trigger, and then INSERT INTO newparent SELECT * FROM unpartitioned.  You may want to split that into groups if you have many millions of rows.