Re: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas Kellerer
Subject Re: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until
Date
List pgsql-general
Joshua D. Drake wrote on 19.04.2005 00:21:
>> I'm having a bit of trouble with the error message from the subject.
>> Is there a way to simply go on with my commands if I hit this error?
>
> Only if you are using savepoints (nested transactions) otherwise you
> must rollback.
>
>> Is this a problem with the JDBC interface that I'm using, or is this a
>> general Postgres problem?
>
> I do not know if the JDBC interface supports savepoints.
The problem is, that I need to support several different DBMS and only for
handling Postgres stuff I don't really want to introduce this.

>> Is there a setting where I can control this behaviour?
>
> If you can turn on autocommit with JDBC that will help.

Hmm not really an option as well (I don't really have control over the
transaction handling at that point).

Thanks for your answer
Thoams