Re: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until
Date
List pgsql-general
Thomas Kellerer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm having a bit of trouble with the error message from the subject. Is
> there a way to simply go on with my commands if I hit this error?

Only if you are using savepoints (nested transactions) otherwise you
must rollback.

> Is this a problem with the JDBC interface that I'm using, or is this a
> general Postgres problem?

I do not know if the JDBC interface supports savepoints.

> Is there a setting where I can control this behaviour?

If you can turn on autocommit with JDBC that will help.

SIncerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> I'm using 8.0.2 on Windows 2000 (and XP)
>
> Thanks for your help
> Thomas

> TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

Managed Services, Shared and Dedication Hosting