Re: StringInfo misc. issues - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From NikhilS
Subject Re: StringInfo misc. issues
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Apologies! As Alvaro guessed it correctly I was working with 8.2 sources. Sorry for the noise.

Regards,
Nikhils

On 8/29/07, Tom Lane < tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
NikhilS <nikkhils@gmail.com > writes:
> The attached patch should fix this.

And break other things, no doubt.  needed = 0 is a perfectly valid
edge case and mustn't be rejected here.  (In fact, I doubt you'd
even get through the regression tests with this patch ... how much
did you test it?)

The real problem with what you describe is that you should have used
makeStringInfo().

> I also found the absence of a function like resetStringInfo() a bit
> puzzling.

CVS HEAD is way ahead of you.

EnterpriseDB               http://www.enterprisedb.com