Re: CREATE TABLE LIKE INCLUDING INDEXES support - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From NikhilS
Subject Re: CREATE TABLE LIKE INCLUDING INDEXES support
Date
List pgsql-patches
Hi,

> I agree this will unnecessary add arguments to the DefineIndex API. If we
> stick to the patch's earlier way of converting the Oid to names for just
> these 2 arguments, we can avoid this IMO.
>
> Considering that we will be generating this information from existing valid
> index information, I think converting the Oids to names is safe enough.
> Alvaro, do you think we should stick to the existing patch mechanism then
> considering that it avoids polluting the API?

Not sure.  Is it possible that the schema is renamed while the operation
is being executed?  If it's not then this not a problem at all so the
existing patch is fine.

I doubt if accessMethod name will change.  The tableSpace name can change, but the possibility is no worse to doing a [CREATE TABLE table_name ... TABLESPACE tablespace]. So this should be reasonably ok.

Regards,
Nikhils
--
EnterpriseDB               http://www.enterprisedb.com