Re: CREATE TABLE LIKE INCLUDING INDEXES support - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From NikhilS
Subject Re: CREATE TABLE LIKE INCLUDING INDEXES support
Date
List pgsql-patches
Hi,

NikhilS <nikkhils@gmail.com> writes:
> Hi Neil,
>> * the patch is broken for expressional indexes, and silently omits
>> copying the predicate that may be associated with an index.

> Since this patch is only supposed to copy unique/primary indexes, I dont
> think we will ever have predicates associated to such indexes?

Huh?  I would expect a clause "INCLUDING INDEXES" to mean copying *all*
indexes.  A clause "INCLUDING CONSTRAINTS" would reasonably act as you
suggest, ie copy only indexes derived from SQL constraint clauses.

But this patch is not for the "INCLUDING INDEXES" case. As mentioned by Bruce earlier in this thread, this patch is for the following TODO:

       o Have WITH CONSTRAINTS also create constraint indexes
          http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2007-04/msg00149.php

Regards,
Nikhils

EnterpriseDB               http://www.enterprisedb.com