[WIP] GUC for temp_tablespaces - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Jaime Casanova
Subject [WIP] GUC for temp_tablespaces
Date
List pgsql-patches
> "Jaime Casanova" <systemguards@gmail.com> writes:
> > On 3/5/07, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> >> In the second place, it's a serious violation of what little modularity
> >> and layering we have for fd.c to be calling into commands/tablespace.c.
> >> This is not merely cosmetic but has real consequences: one being that
> >> it's now unsafe to call OpenTemporaryFile outside a transaction.
>
> > ok, you are right... what do you suggest?
> > maybe move the GetTempTablespace function to somewhere in src/backend/utils?
>
> You missed the point entirely.  Relocating the code to some other file
> wouldn't change the objection: the problem is that fd.c mustn't invoke
> any transactional facilities such as catalog lookups.  It's too low
> level for that.
>
> You could perhaps do it the other way around: some transactional
> code (eg the assign hook for a GUC variable) tells fd.c to save
> some private state controlling future temp file creations.

ok. i have done that.
I know this is not the time i told you but i was busy at job.

i haven't did anything about RemovePgTempFiles() yet, because i want
to know of the posibility of getting this on 8.3

--
regards,
Jaime Casanova

to produce bigger and better idiots.