Re: running postgresql on a private machine accessing it from public web pages - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Mead
Subject Re: running postgresql on a private machine accessing it from public web pages
Date
List pgsql-general
In your application, the connection string should have the ip address of the postgres server.  The postgres server (solaris box) should allow port 5432 through the firewall.

   If you cannot access port 5432 on your solaris box from the linux box, then make sure that you don't have a firewall in the way.

  You'll also want to make sure that in postgresql.conf, you have set

   listen_addresses='*'

      or

   listen_addresses='<the.ip.of.the.solaris.box.'

 Good luck

--Scott
--
Scott Mead