Re: postgres_fdw and skip locked - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alexander Pyhalov
Subject Re: postgres_fdw and skip locked
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Ashutosh Bapat писал 2022-02-17 16:30:
> On Wed, Feb 16, 2022 at 8:38 PM Alexander Pyhalov
> <a.pyhalov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
>>
>> Ashutosh Bapat писал 2022-02-16 16:40:
>> > On Mon, Feb 14, 2022 at 4:23 PM Alexander Pyhalov
>> > <a.pyhalov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
>> >>
>> > I see that these options will work for all kinds of relations. So no
>> > problem if foreign table is pointing to something other than a table.
>>
>> Hi.
>> The issue is that we perform deparsing while planing, we haven't
>> connected to server yet.
>> Are there any ideas how to find out its version without specifying it,
>> for example, in server options?
>
> Yes, you are right. I wish foreign servers, esp. postgresql, could be
> more integrated and if we could defer deparsing till execution phase.
> But that's out of scope for this patch.

Hi.
I've updated patch to provide server-level "deparse_wait_policy" option,
which controls if we deparse SKIP LOCKED or SELECT FOR UPDATE (true by
default).
This will make possible for people with old servers to revert to old
behavior.
--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,