Re: pgsql: Use native methods to open input in TestLib::slurp_file onWindo - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: pgsql: Use native methods to open input in TestLib::slurp_file onWindo
Date
List pgsql-committers
On 11/25/19 11:41 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> On Sun, Nov 24, 2019 at 11:53:31PM +0000, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> Use native methods to open input in TestLib::slurp_file on Windows.
>>
>> It is hoped that this will avoid some errors that we have seen before,
>> but lately with greater frequency, in buildfarm animals.
>>
>> For now apply only to master. If this proves effective it can be
>> backpatched.
>>
>> Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/13900.1572839580@sss.pgh.pa.us
> jacana is visibly complaining about this commit:
> https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=jacana&dt=2019-11-25%2020%3A19%3A49
>
> The tests of commit_ts are failing:
> Nov 25 16:46:52 t/001_base.........# Looks like your test exited with
> 255 before it could output anything.
> Nov 25 16:46:52 dubious
> Nov 25 16:46:52        Test returned status 255 (wstat 65280, 0xff00)
> Nov 25 16:46:52 DIED. FAILED tests 1-2

Yeah, when the client is updated it actually fails at the same spot that
fairywren is failing.

I suspect this API doesn´t understand Msys virtualised paths, even
though it's running inside Msys' perl. So either we need to convert the
path to a Windows path, or we need to restrict use of this API to MSVC
builds.

cheers

andrew