Re: newbie pointers for development - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Laurenz Albe
Subject Re: newbie pointers for development
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Tue, 2022-11-01 at 18:05 +0530, Ankit Pandey wrote:
> I am new to pg hacking and would need some pointers to contribute. I looked into the todo
> list but it is filled more with feature enhancements (will take some time to get there).
> If I could get some pointers for beginner friendly issues/bugs, I would be glad.
> Note: I am able to step through (via gdb) the whole backend process while it runs queries,
> so I have some initial setup to get going.

The canonical starting point is here:
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/So,_you_want_to_be_a_developer%3F

The king's way to learning the ropes is reviewing patches in the current
commitfest.  That will familiarize you with the conversation style on the
mailing lists, with the development cycle and with the code.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe