Re: plpython function problem workaround - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sim Zacks
Subject Re: plpython function problem workaround
Date
Re: plpython function problem workaround  (David <dbree@duo-county.com>)
List pgsql-general
I don't think that this type of solution should be discussed as an official
patch.
If it was, I would recommend solving the problem in source code when the
function is passed to the translator. That way each platform could fix the
code to work with as is needed and the code would be portable.

I ran into this problem about half a year ago and it didn't go anywhere,
then I saw a long discussion about it that also didn't go anywhere. I had
given up on using plpython until now because I actually need it. So I
figured out how to make it work and thought that it would be helpful to
others, but I couldn't figure out how to automate the fix.

Hopefully, aside from the issue of having CRs inside the actual program,
using the validator function/updating pg_proc directly won't cause any
harmful ramifications. I don't have access to any other platforms right now,
aside from Windows client connected to Linux server, so I really couldn't
reliably test any other situation.

Sim