Function results written to memory, then sent? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steve - DND
Subject Function results written to memory, then sent?
Date
List pgsql-general
I was reading through the docs today, and came across a paragraph that
indicated when plpgsql queries are executed on the server, the results are
all written to memory(or disk if necessary), and not streamed as available.
I can't find the doc page which said it, but does anyone know if this
applies to regular SQL as well, or is it just plpgsql specific. If it
applies to either or both, are there any current plans to not have PG not
behave in this manner, and stream the results of a query as they become
available?

Thanks,
Steve