Re: [HACKERS] SQL/JSON in PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Sven R. Kunze
Subject Re: [HACKERS] SQL/JSON in PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 09.03.2017 18:58, Robert Haas wrote:
> Also, even if the superset thing were true on a theoretical plane, I'm
> not sure it would do us much good in practice.  If we start using
> YAML-specific constructs, we won't have valid JSON any more.  If we
> use only things that are legal in JSON, YAML's irrelevant.

That's true. I just wanted to share my view of the "date guessing" part
of pgpro's commits.
I don't have a good solution for it either, I can only tell that where I
work we do have same issues: either we guess by looking at the string
value or we know that "this particular key" must be a date.
Unsatisfied with either solution, we tend to use YAML for our APIs if
possible.

Regards,
Sven