Re: Good PostgreSQL Based Shopping Cart Software ... ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sim Zacks
Subject Re: Good PostgreSQL Based Shopping Cart Software ... ?
Date
List pgsql-general
The best and most flexible shopping cart I have ever used is Interchange,
www.icdevgroup.org. It is open source and freely downloadable. I've had
experience writing some custom discount functions and it was fairly simple.
Other then that I used it mostly out of the box.It has a great user
interface

The documentation says that it supports postgresql, though I have no direct
experience with that.
--from the docs---

2. SQL Support
==============

Interchange can use any of a number of SQL databases through the
powerful Perl DBI/DBD access methods. This allows transparent access
to any database engine that is supported by a DBD module. The current
list includes mSQL, MySQL, Solid, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Sybase,
Informix, Ingres, Dbase, DB2, Fulcrum, and others. Any ODBC (with
appropriate driver) should also be supported.

No SQL database is included with Interchange, but there are a number
widely available on the Internet. Most commonly used with Interchange
are PostgreSQL, MySQL, and Oracle. It is beyond the scope of this
document to describe SQL or DBI/DBD. Sufficient familiarity is
assumed.

In most cases, Interchange cannot perform administrative functions,
like creating a database or setting access permissions. This must be
done with the tools provided with a SQL distribution. But, if given a
blank database and the permission to read and write it, Interchange
can import ASCII files and bootstrap from there.HTH
sim

(http://www.hub.org)
> Email: scrappy@hub.org           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ:
7615664