Re: Dealing with tsvector in fuctions for data split - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Francisco Reyes
Subject Re: Dealing with tsvector in fuctions for data split
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane writes:

> This is not a particularly good way of accomplishing partitioning,
> as you'll be needing *every* part of your application to be explicitly
> aware of the exact partitioning scheme.

I am trying to follow the presentation at PGcon2007 by Robert Treat.
I created a master table, then the children which inherit from the master.
The children have checks to make sure the checks are mutually exclusive.

The function is for the insert trigger.
Applications will insert against the master table table and the function is
to be called by an insert trigger in the master table. The function is to
redirect each insert to the proper child table. Users will access the data
through the master table. I will have constraint_exclusion = on so only the
appropriate tables get accessed on selects.

> However, if you insist on doing it like that, don't you need
> quote_literal() for the field values?

ERROR:  function quote_literal(tsvector) does not exist