Re: Superuser lost access to particular database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Francisco Reyes
Subject Re: Superuser lost access to particular database
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane writes:

>> Nothing happens when I try to run the query.
>
> So pg_dump seems off the hook.  Can you run the query, attach to the
> backend with gdb, and see what it's doing?

Tried to set level debug5 to see if any extra output appeared in log.
Nothing.

Going to read up on gdb.. tried ktrace, but strangely enough got no
output.. Tried several other processes to make sure I had the right
syntax.. and every other process I tried produced lots of data with ktrace.
Going to try the FreeBSD lists to see why and when a process would not
show up in ktrace. Specially one using 90% cpu.