Superuser lost access to particular database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Francisco Reyes
Subject Superuser lost access to particular database
Date
Re: Superuser lost access to particular database
List pgsql-general
I have one database owned by "user1" which as of 4 days ago the superuser,
pgsql, can't see any tables.

I noticed I had pg_dumpalls from 4 days ago.. stuck.. upon research I
discovered that if I login as the superuser to the problem database that it
can not see any of the tables owned by the regular user. The superuser is
able to see system tables with \dS, but none of the regular ones with \d

If I login as 'user1' all the tables are there.

I tried "grant all on pgsql to database <mydb>", but that did not help.
Also tried to do a grant for particular table, but got error that it was not
found.

Tried a pg_dump as the database owner, but it didn't work.

Basically I have this database that only the DB owner can use.. and the
postgresql superuser can't see any tables and it is freezing the pg_dumpall
process.