Re: Superuser lost access to particular database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Simon_Kelly@moh.govt.nz
Subject Re: Superuser lost access to particular database
Date
List pgsql-general
This may sound a bit weird, but have you tried logging in as user1 and
then granting the permission's to the superuser?

Simon Kelly
Java Developer
Information Systems Development
Information Technology Shared Services
Ministry of Health
DDI:
Mobile:

http://www.moh.govt.nz
mailto:Simon_Kelly@moh.govt.nz

pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org wrote on 12/09/2006 02:02:12 p.m.:

> I have one database owned by "user1" which as of 4 days ago the
superuser,
> pgsql, can't see any tables.
>
> I noticed I had pg_dumpalls from 4 days ago.. stuck.. upon research I
> discovered that if I login as the superuser to the problem database that
it
> can not see any of the tables owned by the regular user. The superuser
is
> able to see system tables with \dS, but none of the regular ones with \d
>
> If I login as 'user1' all the tables are there.
>
> I tried "grant all on pgsql to database <mydb>", but that did not help.
> Also tried to do a grant for particular table, but got error that it was
not
> found.
>
> Tried a pg_dump as the database owner, but it didn't work.
>
> Basically I have this database that only the DB owner can use.. and the
> postgresql superuser can't see any tables and it is freezing the
pg_dumpall
> process.

Statement of confidentiality: This e-mail message and any accompanying
attachments may contain information that is IN-CONFIDENCE and subject to
legal privilege.
If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, use, disseminate,
distribute or copy this message or attachments.
immediately and delete this message.

by the Ministry of Health's Content and Virus Filtering Gateway