Re: Superuser lost access to particular database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Francisco Reyes
Subject Re: Superuser lost access to particular database
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane writes:

> Francisco Reyes <lists@stringsutils.com> writes:
>> Tom Lane writes:
>>> is the pg_dump or its  backend consuming CPU, or just sitting?
>
>> At 90% of my CPU.
> The pg_dump process, or the backend?

Backend.
pgsql  60769 47.8  1.3 17636  4888  ??  R 11:34AM 761:15.92 postmaster:
pgsql pablar [local] SELECT (postgres)

> SELECT classid, objid, refclassid, refobjid, deptype FROM pg_depend WHERE deptype != 'p' ORDER BY 1,2
> so apparently something is fishy about the dependency data.  Can you
> execute this query by hand and get results?

Nothing happens when I try to run the query.

> It could be that pg_depend is corrupted in a way that locks up the
> backend trying to read it, or it could be that pg_dump is getting
> confused and going into a loop trying to process the data.  I can't
> tell from this description.

What additional info can I provide?
Any additional troubleshooting I can try?
This one DB is preventing me from doing a pg_dumpall.