Re: Superuser lost access to particular database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Francisco Reyes
Subject Re: Superuser lost access to particular database
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane writes:

> Francisco Reyes <lists@stringsutils.com> writes:
>> I have one database owned by "user1" which as of 4 days ago the superuser,
>> pgsql, can't see any tables.

After furhter researching found that I could not see the tables because I
have them in diferent schemas.. and the superuser didn't have them in the
path.

However the pg_dumpall is still freezing in that database.

> Transaction ID wraparound ... I take it this is not PG 8.1?

8.1.3 Compiled from ports in FreeBSD 6.1 Stable.
select version();
 version
----
 PostgreSQL 8.1.3 on i386-portbld-freebsd6.0, compiled by GCC cc (GCC) 3.4.4
[FreeBSD] 20050518

> As long as it's at least 7.4, vacuuming the system catalogs should help.

vacuum the database in question?
From that database tried vacuum, vacuum analyze and vacuum full. Tried both
as superuser and as the user that owns the database.

Also tried running:
vacuumdb -azv

So the problem is only doing the backup. I am able to see the tables by
doing \d <shema>.*

The database in question is fairly small so if I could somehow dow a backup
I could drop it and reload it.

Trying to pg_dump as superuser or as the database owner, freezes.